Hey, guys, you want to found a start-up? Follow the roadmap prepared by Funders & Founders. Put the dates next to the expected steps and then proceed, remembering the motto (by Denzel Washington, I do fully approve it): “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.” Simple, isn’t it? Or not? Good luck …
- 1. Live in the FUTURE, ahead of your time
- 2. What is MISSING in the world?
- 3. Write it down and bounce IDEAS around
- 4. Make a PROTOTYPE
- 5. SHOW the prototype to 100 people
- 6. ITERATE on the prototype until it makes sense
- 7. Find a CO-FOUNDER
- 8. Register your C-corp, split EQUITY
- 9. Look for FUNDING and build version one a the same time
- 10. LAUNCH. Let everyone know you have made something
- 11. FOLLOW UP with users. Are they coming back?
a) yes, they are coming back; b) no, they came and left
if b) then 10.1 launch AGAIN (after iterating). Launch until users stay (AirBnB launched three times). Then, step 12.
if a) then
- 12. Get to 1,000 users
- 13. Grow 5% a WEEK (hard, but proven possible)
- 14. Keep GROWING, for another 4 years, and at a rate you will reach 25 million users
- 15. SUCCESS
R U ready for step 15? 😉